The English Language Centre in Brighton has been based at 33 Palmeira Mansions since it was founded in 1962. The building itself has a long history dating back to the 1880s and still maintains many of its beautiful historic features. In 1978 it was listed as Grade II* for its magnificent interior.
The school in its current form has:
- 32 brightly lit, comfortable classrooms, many with interactive whiteboards which are used frequently
- Free wifi throughout the main buildings
- 2 large student lounges with TVs
- student kitchen with microwaves, kettles, and drinks and snacks vending machines
- lecture hall with interactive whiteboard for film nights
- multi-media study centre, with a large selection of books, graded readers and exam practice materials
There is also a dedicated business centre which you can access if you attend a business English course. The business centre has:
- presentation training rooms with interactive whiteboards and high-speed wifi
- a business lounge with TV, daily newspapers and complimentary hot drinks.