General Visa information

An appropriate VISA will be required for students from countries outside of the European Community for entry into the U.K.

ISE provide letters to assist students in acquiring a VISA and it is strongly recommended that all non E.C. students wishing to study contact the school in advance so that arrangements can be made.

Students visas called Tier 4 Student Visas are generally awarded to students who are registered on full-time courses (15 hours per week or more) lasting more than 6 months, whilst Short-term or Student Visitor Visas (SVV), are issued to students registered on courses of 6 months or less. An Extended Student Visitor Visa (ESVV) category is available to students who apply to study an English language course of 6 to 11 months.

Please contact your local British Embassy visa section to obtain the most up to date information.

国际学生的基本要求 Basic Requirements for International Students

In order to obtain a visa to study in the UK, applicants from countries outside the European Community must have a Visa invitation letter or a CAS Number (or Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) to show that they have been accepted on a course at an acceptable level with an approved Education Provider and evidence of money to cover your monthly living costs (also known as maintenance) for the whole length of the course or the first 9 months for courses longer than 9 months. 

移民资讯服务 Immigration Advisory Services

You can get immigration advice if you need help with getting permission to stay in the UK.

Immigration advisers can help you with most things to do with immigration, including helping you to fill in the right forms and representing you at a tribunal.

Advisers don’t make immigration decisions and can only give you advice.

監管移民顧問 Regulated immigration advisers

The Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates immigration advisers, which means they must meet certain standards.

OISC maintains a register of immigration advisers regulated by them.

You can find OISC-regulated advisers in your area. Check if the adviser charges a fee.

What advisors can do

Immigration advisers are only allowed to give you advice on things they’re qualified to help you with.

You can see what advice they can give you by their ‘level’. There are 3 levels.

Hiring an adviser

When you hire an immigration adviser:

Some advisers don’t charge a fee. If they don’t charge, you’ll still have to pay for any expenses like translation costs and application fees.

Immigration links

More specific visa information can be obtained from the agencies below:
- The UK Visas website provides information on visa requirements and how to apply for a visa before coming to the UK:

- The Home Office's UK Border Agency (UKBA) website provides immigration information for people already in the UK:

- You can contact the Immigration Advisory Services (IAS):

- The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) produce guidance notes for students on "Immigration procedures after arrival in the UK":

People who provide immigration advice need to be registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). A list of registered members is at:

If you need to contact the British Embassy in your country before travelling, please see:

The British Council maintain offices in many cities around the world and can be a good source of advice. Please see:

Accredited by the British Council for the teaching of English
University of Cambridge ESOL Examiniations Preperation Centre