Become a Host Family
Would you like to become a Host Family - known as homestay host?
To become a registered ISE homestay host, you may apply by contacting our accommodation staff by email or by calling 01273 384800.
Before you apply: Essentials you'll need to be a host:
- Treat the student as a full member of the household, eating together and sharing common living areas
- Offer a safe, secure & clean home environment
- Provide breakfast and dinner everyday, and lunch at the weekends - if offering Half Board accommodation
- Provide access to clean food preparation facilities if offering self catering accommodation
- Provide clean towels and bedding
- Provide a table for students to use for study
- Have your own wifi or internet connection available 24/7
- Spend meal times with students so they can practise their English
- Be willing to have a DBS check (Discolsure and Barring Service check may be required to host a child or vulnerable adult)
- Complete a Risk Assessment for the property (see template below), provide a Reference (below) and a Gas Safety Certificate
- Live in the BRIGHTON & HOVE areas. Sorry, we do not usually register homestays west of Boundary Road Hove, east of Brighton Marina or north of The Level.
Usual range of ISE Brighton homestays
If you meet these requirements, we will arrange a visit to view the room(s) and living spaces available before sending you students.
Please read the ISE Hosting Guidelines for full requirements.
The following 3 documents are required in advance of a visit to register as a homestay host. Please download and complete the forms in advance to save time completing the registration process.
Your application with completed forms may be emailed to our accommodation department.
For further guidelines for hosting under 18's we reference: Childrens Act 1989.pdf (6MB)
Could you work for ISE’s Accommodation department?
We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic staff to join our administrative team, particularly during the summer season. If you think you have what it takes, please contact us.